General Rules and Procedures for Classes
- Class Schedule Spacing for Sanitation
Classes are scheduled at least 30 minutes apart from end time of one class to the beginning of the next. This allows for:
- Students to replace masks and exit class while maintaining a 6 foot distance from one another
- Sanitation of door handles and shared spaces
- Students and instructor to enter and set up for following class
- Check-in Procedures
Classes will be limited to 8 students per class. Students are strongly encouraged to pre-register for class and keep their appointments.
- Students will wait outside of the studio until 15 minutes before class begins when instructor places enter sign on the front door.
- Students must wear a mask when entering and maintain a 6 foot distance from others. Students will confirm their registration at the front desk.
- Instructor will confirm registration and clean registration device with provided alcohol pads before beginning class to allow for next instructor to use the device.
- Students will sign in confirming waiver of liability and that they have not experienced flu or Covid-like symptoms for the 24 hours prior to class
- Students will leave personal items in cubbies and place their mat in area designated by marked areas in the studio
- Students will immediately wash their hands
- Social Distancing During Class
- Classes are limited to 8 students per class
- Tape is laid out in studio space indicating where mats are placed. These spaces have been measured to accommodate a maintained 6 foot distance between students at all times.
- Instructors will not provide any hands on adjustments while Covid precautions are in place
- Shared Prop Usage
- Students must bring their own mat to class or may purchase a studio mat for $10 while supplies last
- Students must bring their own blanket, strap and block(s) to class or may purchase the studio supplies as follows while supplies last: Blanket – $10, Block – $5, Straps – $5, Bolsters – $25
- Students may use studio owned bolsters without purchase if they bring 2 pillow cases to cover the bolster during use
- Students may purchase a prop bundle including 1 mat, 1 block, 1 blanket, 1 strap, and 1 bolster for $50
- New Class Policies
- Do not come to class if you are feeling ill, included but not limited to fever, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, incapacitated breathing, loss of taste or smell.
- Students and instructors are required to wear masks when entering the studio and settling into their practice space but make their own judgment to keep or remove masks once settled onto their mats at a maintained 6 foot distance from others.
- We recommend that students remove masks during heated classes.
- Class Cancellations
Class sizes are dramatically impacted by social distancing requirements and sanitation procedures, therefore we are enforcing class cancellation policies until we are able to reevaluate safety for larger class sizes.
- Students may cancel class up to 2 hours prior to the start of class without penalties
- Later than 2 hours before the start of class is considered a late cancellation or failure to show up for class will count as use of that class and payment due for class.
- Please arrive for class 15 minutes prior to class start time so the instructor/desk attendant can check in all students and allow everyone time to set up for class.
- Students will not be permitted late arrival during this time and late cancellation policies will be applied
- Please leave any unnecessary items at home or in your car
- Student cell phones are not allowed in the studio space and must be moved to do not disturb mode or powered off during class time if left in the cubbies with personal belongings.
Instructor Guide for Covid-19 Safety
- Instructors must self-assess before entering the studio to confirm that they are not experiencing any symptoms and signs of illness.
- Instructors are required to arrive at the studio 20 minutes before time of their scheduled class.
- The studio will be clean from the previous instructor.
- Instructors will refer to opening instructor duties if they are the first class of the day.
- Instructor will set up their teaching space and change entrance sign to open signaling students that they may enter at 15 minutes before class start time
- Instructor will confirm student reservations and update the scheduler while student signs waiver.
- Instructor will direct students to cubbies to put down belongings and wash hands before setting up in the studio.
- Instructor will add any unregistered students if there is space.
- Instructor will wipe down check in device with provided alcohol pad
- Instructor will remove enter sign and lock the suite doors.
- Class will end on time.
- Instructor will ask students to exit one at a time.
- Once all students have exited the studio space, instructor must use sanitizer to wipe down surfaces in this order:
- Toilet handle
- Bathroom safety rails
- Bathroom sink faucet
- Lid of bathroom trash can
- Bathroom door handle, inner then outer
- Lid of studio trash can
- Thermostat (if it was adjusted)
- Light switches
- Spray the studio floor with designated sanitizer around all mat placements and dry mop with designated sanitizing cloths
- Door handle for lobby door, inner than outer
- Any cubbies used by students
- Reception desk surfaces
- Studio door handle, inner then outer
- Instructor will refer to closing instructor duties if they are the last class of the day
- Instructor will lock the door when leaving if another instructor is not present.